TEA PARTY

I believe that tea parties are the best social gatherings to host.
They are elegant, let you have conversations without having to scream and pave the way for animated gestures with your limbs,  apart from of course giving you not only the yummiest, but more importantly the prettiest of sugar-coated beauties (read cupcakes).

But why is it we only remember screen shots of Alice in Wonderland or fat Victorian women in lace when we think of tea parties? Even though tea is the second most consumed beverage (second to water, not coffee, people) the concept of having people over for tea is almost endangered and it scares me all the more because I hate coffee!So the worst pick up line you could use on me would be "Would you like to get some coffee?" :p
I feel the whole tea experience is something relaxing and rehabilitating right from grating the right amount of ginger to watching the hot boiling water turn from shades of pale yellow to hazelnut brown to sipping, sorry,  slurrrping that first 10ml and finally breaking into a smile which hardly anybody notices.
Getting out my china and cup cakes moulds...Care to join me?

Comments

Popular Posts